Subject: Robert Honeysucker RIP
From: Angelo Mammano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:17:50 -0400

Robert Honeysucker while on the way to New York to attend a rehearsal
died in Conn. on October 7 of cardiac arrest at the age of 74.  He had a
long career as baritone soloist in concert and opera. He appeared through
the U. S. and in many other countries including Japan, New Zealand,
Germany and Austria.  He was born in Memphis and came to Boston for
post-graduate studies at Boston U.. He remained here and sang for the
BSO under Levine (Fidelio), Nelsons (Salome), and many more
appearances in opera, including Rigoletto, Amonasro, Escamillo, and
Porgy.  I saw him as Iago, Scarpia, Don Fernando (Opera Boston), and in
countless concerts. I will never forget his Saint James in Le Cid for Odyssey
Opera which he sang from the Jordan Hall balcony.  He had a beautiful
voice.
He taught at Boston Conservatory and the Longy School.

I met him on a few occasions and found him to be friendly and a totally
nice guy.  The memorial service will take place on Saturday at All Saints
Parish in Brookline at 11 AM.

Angelo from Boston