Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Oct 2017 20:47:56 -0700

I get the Callas connection but soprano sfogato?  In my book no way.  There is nothing contraltoish or mezzo in this voice. Sondra is a soprano, pure and simple. By definition a soprano sfogato is a contralto or mezzo with an upper extension and not necessarily a term of endearment. More like a soprano with a dark and opaque sound. This is definitely not our Ms Radvanovsky. Her sound is too radiant for that. My opinion.

Donald

Sent from my iPhone