Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Oct 2017 18:00:17 -0400

Oh my Conrad.  What does it take?
Sondra was absolutely spectacular from beginning to end.  She IS a
Soprano sfogato assoluta without any doubt.
At least in my book anyway.  I can see Callas smiling down on her.
And DiDonato was a charming delight and sang wonderfully as well.  The
two of them blended perfectly together and the only light side was (sadly)
that high note that Callleja wanted so badly to get right at the beginning of
the 1st Act but it just wasn't there for him today.
The orchestra was on its mettle and it was an afternoon of superb
perfection from where I sat.