Subject: Re: 1st act of Norma in HD
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 7 Oct 2017 17:54:13 -0400

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Conrad, Stephen A. <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Quite disappointing, no?  All three stars are having an off afternoon so
> far, to my ears.  JDD is on the floor too much, to say nothing of all that
> business around SR during Casta Diva.   And what’s with the candle lighting
> in Norma’s dome?  A SR admirer here; but not happy for her today— so far.
>
> Sent from my iPad

Actually, no - not disappointing at all...in fact judging by the huge in
house ovation, it looked and sounded like a triumph - similar to the one I
experienced when I was in house on the 28th.

Funny how the whole can be judged by the occasional and momentary
slip...  a little throat clearing, or a note not quite hit does not a
performance ruin....All the principals threw themselves into their roles
both vocally and dramatically and our "movie" audience in Ohio felt
compelled to applaud a compelling performance of a monumental work.