Subject: Question re Old Pirate LPs
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 21:43:25 -0400

I am familiar with a number of labels that issued live opera recordings on LP.  EJS, for
example, I know was Eddie Smith's label.  But does anyone know anything about the Robin
Hood label?  The best issues, in my experience, both in terms of sound and presentation,
were BJR and MRF.  The BJR Callas "Medea" from La Scala 1953 was my first "pirate"
recording, and boy was I excited when I got it!  I was in 9th grade and I ordered it from New
York.  For a San Antonio boy, that was really big stuff.

Modify your settings: