Subject: Re: Moffo commercial recordings
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 17:52:02 -0400

I think her Susanna in that Giulini “Nozze di Figaro” is absolutely delicious. Charming, sexy and just plain fun.

She sang Zerlina delightfully on a 1956 “Don Giovanni” conducted by Rosbaud.

The EMI/Columbia recordings of Mozart arias under Galliera and various bel canto arias with Colin Davis are both excellent, showing a refined style and taste, quite at odds with the PR style RCA later adopted for her.

I think the RCA “beige album” is no slouch and the Canteloube/Rachmaninov recording with Stokowski is ravishing.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad