Subject: Re: Florez Mozart
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:32:57 -0400

I'd definitely add Grigolo to the mix...He is a galvanizing force of
nature...as at home in French as he is in Italian...Just saw him last week
burn up the MET stage in Hoffmann - and contrary to his stage persona he
has that glorious voice of his under perfect control while still keeping
his audience of the edge of their seats.
As to Florez, too bad he can't execute a fully articulated trill - oh
well...as Bette Davis said to Paul Henried - "Lets not ask for the moon we
have the stars..."