Subject: Re: Happy to Be an Opera Engineer
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:10:09 -0400

I am happy for you; congratulations!

This gives me an opportunity to air my personal pet peeve about
the way in which the Met's HD performances are presented on
television.  It is simply this: why can't the names of the singers
be displayed on screen as each one appears for his or her curtain
call?   It is not possible for the human eye to read the credits as
they roll by at the end.  This, I'm sure, is Brian Large's responsibility,
but I think it would be in the interest of the Met to advocate such a
simple improvement to an otherwise completely enthralling home
viewing event.

dtmk