Subject: Re: Florez Mozart
From: LANE WHITESELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:14:12 -0400

Unfortunately all the instrumental work was recorded at very high levels and clipped
during the production of the album (I was programming three sections on the air this morning
and could see the clipping as I put  the first three pieces into   tomorrow's pre-recorded
after-the-opera programming.)  Florez, however, is truly magnificent!

Lane A. Whitesell
Opera host, KUCO-FM

>     On October 6, 2017 at 12:02 PM Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>     My pre-ordered copy of the new Florez Mozart recital arrived yesterday and
>     "WOW" sums it up best.
>
>     Cataracts of beautifully rounded ornaments flood "Fuor del Mar" giving the
>     piece a baroque grandeur it seldom gets from tenors who come to Mozart from
>     Puccini or Verdi.
>
>     In fact all the da capos are fearlessly decorated reinforcing the
>     justification for the A-B-A form. Its a minor quibble, but I think the
>     only place where Florez miscalculates is in an overly fussy delivery of the
>     elegiac Un'aura amorosa.
>
>     His "Tito" would surely steal the show from the various ladies both in and
>     out of trousers.
>
>     Would love to hear him rip through Handel's Bajazet in "Tamerlano."

Lane A. Whitesell