Subject: Re: Florez Mozart
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:08:58 -0500

It's great to hear that Juan Diego Florez is still at the top of his game.  After a twenty one year career that began his his early twenties, it's good to know that he can still deliver the goods.  Hardly a surprise.  He's got a fabulously trained voice, and he's kept away from anything even remotely heavy, and he's got tremendous presence on the stage.  His work in the Rossini, Donizetti, and Bellini repertoire has made him THE bel canto tenor of his generation ------ possibly any generation.   Both he and Jonas Kaufmann, albeit in completely diverse repertoires, rule the tenor world today.  It's just a tragedy that neither chooses to sing on our shores anymore.