Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 1 Oct 2017 10:31:37 -0400

Thanks to the veritable cornucopia of selections by (to me, anyway)
"unknown", but nonetheless (again, to me) fine, singers past & present
found by surfing YouTube, following is a just s partial list of the
operatic tenors & baritones that I have "discovered" & wondered why I
had never before heard of, despite over 50 years of collecting:

_Tenor__s_ -
Salvatore Fisichella
Virgilijus Noreika (a/k/a/ "The Lithuanian Bjoerling")
Kristian Benedikt
Zurab Anjaparidze
Robleto Merola
Amadeo Zambon
Zoran Todorovich
Piero Giuliacci
Bojidor Nikolov

_Baritones & BBs_ -
Franco Pagliazzi
Antonio Salvadori
Fernando Teixeira (a/k/a "The Brazilian Ruffo")
Gianni Maffeo
Antanore Reale
Michele Kalmandi
Laszlo Polgar
Norman Treigle

I'd love to hear of anyone's reactions to these gentlemen, especially if
you have seen them in the theater!

Paolo