Subject: Re: Steber "humiliating herself"
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Oct 2017 23:43:23 -0400

I wish I’d seen that Steber concert.

I wish I’d been comfortable enough with myself to have gone someplace like the Continental Baths (even if it meant a trip to NY) back then.

I did hear Steber a couple years later in the Press Club in San Francisco. By then, the middle voice was desiccated but she still had tone to burn on top. And style and authority.

The strengths that older singers still have are often not well conveyed by a microphone.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone