Subject: Re: Today's "Stars"
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Oct 2017 15:45:54 -0400

You prompted me to look up her reviews; in 1940 she was welcomed by Olin
Downes as one of the greatest Violettas ever!.  A dozen or more
distinguished
seasons followed with great success as Octavian, Pamina, Antonia, Freia,
Donna Elvira, Orlovsky, and Euridice.   Now the question is: where else DID
she sing?

dtmk