Subject: Re: RIP André Mallabrera and Josep Carreras in Catalan
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:46:15 -0500

On my first trip to Europe, in 1962, I attended a performance of Hoffmann at the Opera Comique. I remember Mallabrera as Hoffmann with Jean Borthayre as the villains and Christiane Eda-Pierre as Olympia. Some time later the tenor sang Nathanael in that opera in a recording with Gedda, assorted baritones/basses as the villains and assorted sopranos as Olympia, Antonia and Giulietta.

He can be heard in songs & arias on Youtube: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z_jIEVZHkg>

Kurt Youngmann

> On Oct 4, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Rudi Van den Bulck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> French tenor André Mallabrera died a few days ago, as a tribute we uploaded several arias and song recordings never before available in cyberspace. You can also listen to tenor Jose Carreras in a famous Catalan song live in the early eighties displaying amazing head voice and falsetto; things he never attempted in his operatic recordings, the song is a marvel too. All on our homepage of www.operanostalgia.be <http://www.operanostalgia.be/>

“Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?”
—Jules Feiffer, quote cited widely on Internet, and by Warren Allen Smith in Who's Who in Hell