Subject: The Opera House
From: Don Hogsett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Oct 2017 19:18:25 -0400

Also saw The Opera House and enjoyed it much.  Surprised, as we took our seats, to see
tenor Joseph Calleja seated in front of us. Beyond being highly informative, the film is
entertaining as well, most notably the interview with Leontyne Price, whose sharp wit, at
89, had the audience laughing and cheering. It was particularly interesting to note, during a
biographical sketch of Price, a photo of her in The New York Times bearing the cutline ‘Mary
Price.’ Apparently she began her career under that name. A quick check of Wikipedia shows
her birth name as Mary Violet Leontyne Price. Does anyone know when or why the name
change?  Many thanks.