Subject: Re: Steber (was Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt (3)
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Oct 2017 22:15:10 +0000

For a great singer and artist that Steber was, it amazed me that she could humiliate herself by singing at that venue.  I never saw her live, but most people I knew a the Met, loved her.  One of my all time favorite sopranos, Adriana Maliponte, should have had an even bigger career than she did.  The same is true of Gencer and Zeani.  From what I have heard of Gencer on You Tube, she was every bit as exciting a performer as Callas.