Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt (3)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Oct 2017 18:30:41 +0000

David

It was 1968 and there were 5 performances, with Renato Cioni and
Gian Giacomo Guelfi. I saw her in the role at Rome sometime around
1972 and it was dreadful. I left after the second act.

But in 1960, she was a force to be reckoned with.

If anyone wants to hear her in prime voice, there is a recital from the
late 50s that has been released on Testament. The Puccini stuff is
particularly impressive, including a stunning top C in "Laggiu nel
soledad" from Fanciulla.

Bob