Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt (3)
From: Maria Wolansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Oct 2017 12:25:46 -0400

Anatoly Kotscherga, who was born in 1947 in Ukraine did not start his
international career until the fall of the Iron Curtain.  He didn't make
his Metropolitan Opera debut until 2012 in Khovanshchina.  Apparently there
were invitations for him to sing, but the Soviet Union didn't give the OK
until 1989 to sing in Vienna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pr2oZaKI_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kh8cRxvUg8

We think he's a wonderful bass.