Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt (3)
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 2 Oct 2017 22:23:59 +0000

Some thought Tucci a favorite of Bing and sort of his House soprano, though I always enjoyed her performances. She was in the final Old Met complete performance, Boheme, with Tucker. I believe she also got the opening night, Faust, that year? Bing, it seems, could be very tough with some singers but easy on others. Had Corelli did what Stella did, he would not have been punished. But then, Franco was a bigger star than Stella. Victoria de los Angeles wanted to get out of the Martha production, but Bing would not grant her wish though Del Monaco was able to change his schedule a few years before. Star quality does count!