Subject: Treigle in Buenos Aires
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 2 Oct 2017 14:02:46 -0400

The chorus of the Instituto sang in the Giulio Cesare. Everyone marveled at the visual artistry of Treigle, and his singing. We were right behind the soloists, who were massed in front of the conductor in one scene, blocking visibility. The issue was resolved when Treigle  began to conduct the chorus from behind his back, standing in a chariot. He saved the scene from chaos without changing the regime. We were all so grateful. Great cast, and Maureen Forrester was wonderful on stage and as an artist and cordial to the entire cast.

I later saw him in New York in the Boito Mephistopheles. He sang beautifully and interpreted so well. Maybe he was eclipsed by Siepi, a spectacular basso as well. I think his voice was more classically beautiful.

Sills had her husband and Muffy in tow.

and you never know. Maybe he liked working at home.

RP