Subject: Re: Norman Treigle (was Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt)
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:50:24 -0400

Paul: Your post on Treigle has me salivating for what I will never be able to
see but long to have seen.
He was an exciting, bigger than life singer, depressed and sad person and
never realized what he really wanted t o -- a major Metropolitan Opera
career.  Yes he was asked but never till near the end of Bing's tenure.  By
then the wind was out of his sails.