Subject: Albert Innaurato
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2017 23:25:54 +0000

To those who chose to accentuate the negative -

I received several private notes expressing surprise, and, in a couple of
cases, shock, that I had praised Albert in my comments.

Well, I chose to accentuate the positive, which is at least as large a
part of his legacy as is the dark side of a very complex personality.
Those among us who were his targets, and no one was  a bigger target
than I, retain our anger and our axes, but no one will care, in the
end, because his legacy will sustain itself on his brilliance, to the
extent that anyone will care in days ro come.

He was a genius, and he was a madman who could not reconcile his
talents with his failures, I think. But, as one of you opined to me,
privately, "we will never know if his inability to duplicate that
incredible
early success led to his personality disorder, or, if that disorder was the
cause of his inability to sustain his early success". It is a very
interesting question, and it is a question that will never be answered.

He is at peace, and t doesn't much matter!

Bob