Subject: Re: Mr Albert Innaurato
From: Isaac Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Sep 2017 06:40:04 +0000

"The idiot Brit who acts."

Albert once referred to me by this epithet, and to be fair, he was two thirds right,  if I am ever proven to be an idiot, then he had it right in total.

I had apparently invited his invective by expressing an honest opinion, and perhaps I had skewed it somewhat with my quirky sense of humour, I don't know, but attack me he did, and very entertaining it was.

I wrote to him privately a couple of times, and I am delighted to recall that he was very warm and extremely witty in his responses. I admired him immensely for his great knowledge of music and arts in general, his deep views on almost any subject were entertaining, educational, and invariably beautifully phrased. His short comings are well documented in the many glowing tributes to him on Opera-l, and do not require further comment from me, I do want to say however, that in my mind he was a wonderful warm and entertaining human being, and I am deeply saddened by his passing.

Regards, Isaac Alan