Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt
From: Ghozel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2017 07:19:15 -0400

I'm going to push back on the belief that Scotto's recording of Abigaille is somehow a disaster.  On the contrary, it's one of the most exciting versions ever recorded.  It's not a perfect fit. But, upon re-listening, I was actually surprised that she had only one or two rough high notes (definitely not most of them, which seems to be prevailing opinion.

I challenge everyone to listen to this version again, with fresh ears, and re-evaluate her take on the role.