Subject: Re: singers who should have had big international careers - but didnt
From: Ghozel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2017 07:19:15 -0400

I'm going to push back on the belief that Scotto's recording of Abigaille is somehow a disaster.  On the contrary, it's one of the most exciting versions ever recorded.  It's not a perfect fit. But, upon re-listening, I was actually surprised that she had only one or two rough high notes (definitely not most of them, which seems to be prevailing opinion.

I challenge everyone to listen to this version again, with fresh ears, and re-evaluate her take on the role.

> On Sep 30, 2017, at 12:00 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> but w=
> ho cares if 4 years later in 1960 she was only 29 and she was real disaster=
> as Abigaille in Nabucco.Nearby Scotto's one and late career of Souliotis i=
> t is the example of worst singing having relatively young age
> Walter

Modify your settings: