Subject: Re: Albert Innaurato
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 28 Sep 2017 12:00:16 -0400

I am also very sad to hear about Mr. Innaurato.  He may have cultivated a
vicious public image, but in the few private exchanges I had with him he was
unfailingly cordial and informative.  It is always a very bad thing for
opera as an art form when we lose people who can speak authoritatively about
how singing in this tradition is supposed to sound, as we get farther and
farther away in time from the source, and progressively less is passed on.

R.I.P.

David Kubiak