Subject: Re: Albert Innaurato 1947-2017
From: Robert Cardinalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:29:32 +0545

As someone who came up against Albert's frustrated wrath several times, I learned early on to accept his OTT rants as part of the natural and well-intentioned arrogance that gives someone the right to lay claim to superior knowledge.  I was in awe of his sweeping grasp of musical history, the evolution of the human voice and singing in the 19th, 20th and 21st c.  It was best not to tempt fate by disagreeing with his views on opera, or anything else, in a public forum; at the same time, I eagerly awaited his infrequent postings because I could rely on Albert to educate us in a substantive way.  I never understood why he appeared to be so unhappy, when with all that talent and insight, he had every reason to celebrate his uniqueness and singular contributions to the arts.  I hope he has found peace---and I also hope that eventually someone will pull together Albert's many diverse writings, including his wildly entertaining and viciously, sometimes hysterically, barbed blog by his alter ego, The Widder Claggert.  http://mrsjohnclaggartssadlife.blogspot.com/

Robert Cardinalli
Kathmandu, Nepal