Subject: Callas
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:22:37 -0700

Several things might shock the critics of the critics. The first is that
not every critic owns every Callas reissue. Happily, given the internet,
aficionados, spurred on to refute publish reviews, are free to chime in
with their two cents, or even their dollars worth. Hey, they can even post
comments on reviews.

The second, and this is even more shocking, is that there are far more
people in the world than those on Opera-L. Some of these people are young,
and haven't a clue as to whom Maria Callas is. Hence, some reviews are
purposefully constructed to educate the uninitiated.

jason victor serinus
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA