Subject: Re: Albert Innaurato 1947-2017
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:18:43 -0400

Very sad.

I hope he's smiling up there, reading all these posts (heaven does have internet, yes?)
where we're all frankly and even fondly recalling his curmudgeonly-ness, but of course all
his remarks were based on his immense knowledge and love for opera and all the arts.
I'm so glad that a few times out here (privately, for sure - maybe publicly also) I was also
able to tell him how much I admired him and his work. I grew up with his features on the
Met broadcasts, and his Opera News articles, etc. Being part of discussions with him out
here was always very cool, because to me he was a true celebrity. It was wonderful to be
able to correspond with him a bit.

It was also fun getting to know his play "Gemini" when I was in high school, a few years
after its Broadway premiere, in those years when I was trying to figure out my own
sexuality.

Pace per lui...pace per lui.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 19:51:18 -0400, Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>It is very sad to hear this news.  I always enjoyed reading his posts and once, was
thrilled, when he chose to comment on something I had said.  We will miss his very
special contributions to our world.