Subject: Studying voice and opera in Florence in 1960-1
From: Robert Thomson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:21:24 -0700

It took me 57 years to get around to doing it but I have finally
published an autobiography

of 1960-1, "Florence, Dante and Me," which includes several pages on the
thrill of studying

voice with a first rate voice teacher, Signora Nedda Del Vivo. Google

for sample passages.  My first review came out yesterday.  The reviewer
used several photos,

an unusual thing to do but they add a lot to to the review. Google "The
Ormsby Review"

in "BC Bookworld", number 171. Apart from relating my impressions of
Italy "Florence,

Dante and me" contains unusual threads: discovering through Dante that I
too was lost

in a selva oscura  of sorts (family of origin issues), Italians' views
on the artistry of Frank

Sinatra, discovering an r.p.m. of Vittorio Gassman reading passages from
the 'Inferno.'

Repeating passages over and over with him is an ideal way to absorb the

cadences of Italian and it helps overall to master operatic Italian.

Roberto il Canadese

Private messages very welcome. My email address is [log in to unmask]

Modify your settings: