Subject: Re: Met Operning Night - Bellini's Norma (Calleja)
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:53:40 +0000

I concur   with Jackie , Bob and Stephen regarding Calleja's voice. I must admit that I was not too fond of the fast pronounced vibrato
Calleja exhibited in his  early recordings (Maria Stuarda DVD) .I heard Calleja live only twice : Traviata  and more recently in recital.
On both occasions his fast vibrato if any, was subliminal.
Miguel