Subject: Re: DiDonato lacks the legato requisite to make her Bellini singing effective?
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:56:57 -0400

> On Sep 25, 2017, at 8:44 PM, Louis Perraud <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> But no two sets of ears pick up exactly the same thing, so many (all?) people may hear something different

Quite true.  I hear the fast vibrato, the same as I hear a fast vibrato with Radvanovsky, but I do not hear any severe problem with intonation.
She does have a lighter voice than Sandra which makes complete sense to me.  Aldagisa is much younger than Norma.
I find her legato to be seamless.  See above.
I find her totally convincing in the first act tonight, phrasing the music and rendering her thoughts and feelings through coloring her voice in a way that makes obvious exactly what she is going through.  So far, so good.