Subject: The most intense/thrilling Act IV Amneris on a live recording?
From: "Conrad, Stephen A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Sep 2017 01:21:38 +0000

Listening again to Dominguez in Mexico City in 1951, I am struck by how much she goes to, and ultimately beyond, the utmost limits of her vocal and histrionic resources.  An estimable contribution to a night when all four principals were going all out, for good and ill, mostly for good, yes?
Pray, refer me to other live recordings that give us a mezzo singing Amneris live in Act IV who arguably gives us the single most dramatically intense and/or vocally thrilling performance, of that part in that act, ever recorded live.

Sent from my iPad
Modify your settings: