Subject: Re: albert innarrato
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 28 Sep 2017 20:10:09 -0700

I've been traveling and had to deal with a death in my family this week, my
last surviving aunt and with her my parents generation is gone.  A jolt to
the youngest member of my family (me)  and that I am now part of the older
generation.  I was on my way up to Montreal, got the phone call around New
Paltz (100 miles up the Hudson) and turned around.  Today I went to the
memorial service and then left the city, driving for Chicago where I will
spend a few days and fly to Phoenix on Monday with my car to follow on a
transporter - its been a busy week.

So, it came as a great shock to hear about the death of Albert.  I liked
him, loved his prickly-pear persona and most important, loved to read his
postings and writings.  He was a brilliant critic, a thorough musician, and
one of the best and most knowledgeable writers on the human voice and
operatic history and tradition that I ever encountered.  I didn't know him
personally (my loss I think) but I had many lively email conversations back
and forth.

I was saddened to read Robert's posting and hear him say that Albert had
wanted to die - he had so much to give and so much to teach.  Rest in peace
Albert, wherever you are, know that you are missed.

Donald