Subject: Re: Michael Spyres and the WOW factor
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:40:41 -0400

I know I've also mentioned Michael's sister Erica out here before - she played opposite
Natalie Dessay in the Theatre Du Chatelet's production of Sondheim's "Passion" last
season. She's also just been cast in the ensemble (and as understudy for Julie/Carrie, I
believe) of the upcoming "Carousel" revival on Broadway, which will star Renee Fleming
as Nettie ("You'll Never Walk Alone").

I had a wonderful time working with Erica in a few shows when she was based in Boston,
though my favorite of her Boston regional performances is still the very operatic role of
Clara in "The Light In The Piazza." (Originated by Kelli O'Hara in New York, who will be
Despina in this year's Cosi at the Met.) Erica also toured with the Broadway show "Once,"
where she also played fiddle onstage.

In any case, talent clearly runs big in the Spyres family. ;-)