Subject: RATTLE/ LSO Live - Stravinsky Ballets today at 2 pm EDT
From: E J Michel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Sep 2017 13:55:29 -0400

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09525cl
Sir Simon Rattle conducts Stravinsky's Firebird, Petrushka and The Rite of
Spring - live from the Barbican Hall.

Simon Rattle achieves a long-held ambition to conduct the first three great
Stravinsky ballet scores written for Diaghilev's Ballets russes in a single
evening. As he says: 'The LSO is a Stravinsky orchestra par excellence,
ready to meet the challenge of performing these three great scores in the
order in which the were written. I'm sure that we and the audience will
learn a lot about Stravinsky in the process."
Martin Handley presents as part of 'Rattle on Radio 3, 'live from the
Barbican Hall.

Stravinsky The Firebird (original ballet of 1910)

Stravinsky Petrushka (1910-11, rev. 1947)

Stravinsky The Rite of Spring (1913).

Best regards,
Elizabeth

E J Michel