Subject: Re: Maria Callas, Live Recording Rumors
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:25:07 +0200

I had a couple of singing lessons from Max Lorenz, and he told everybody
that he had the Tristan tape with Callas and pointed out one of the
tapes on his desk. I also knew a tenor, one of his students, who said he
had heard some of it. However, the same also told me he saw Callas as
Santuzza in Chicago, so take that for what it is worth. So Lorenz might
have been telling the truth, but then again he might not have been.
Since he had no direct heirs, who knows who got all his tapes and other
things when he pàssed away.

  David