Subject: WARNING TO COMCAST USERS - FRAUD SCAM
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:12:48 -0400

I was just subjected to an attempted fraud involving my Comcast account.  I received an e-mail -- purportedly from Comcast - advising that my last monthly payment had not gone through (I checked and it had).  I was told that I had to address the situation today or face cessation of my Comcast service and directed to a website to correct the problem.  Once I got to the website, it demanded all sorts of personal financial information from me that was already in Comcast's possession.  At that point I became suspicious and called Comcast which told me that the message was not from Comcast but a fraud.

This scam is more sophisticated than most.  The usual tip off is that when you check the sender's url you get something like "[log in to unmask]   In this instance, the sender's address appeared to emanate from Comcast.

So be on guard.

Best from Boston.

Ray Gouin