Subject: Re: Milanov's !955 Ballo Live From The Met
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:47:59 -0400

I have that '55 Ballo and the difference between the 2 veteran voices is
that Anderson was always a superb musician and that continued to shine
through despite the decline.  While the Zinkster could sometimes be capable
of a sort of generalized grandeur, in the very next phase she might sound
like an old cat scrapping for a fish head in the alley. I always felt even
in the earlier recordings she never really learned how to "drive" that
substantial voice of hers while Anderson, from the very beginning was a
natural "behind the wheel" of her vehicle.

If you can't absolutely count on Missus Zinkowski for a thrill, she's
always good for a laugh!