Subject: Milanov's !955 Ballo Live From The Met
From: Buoso Donati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:24:49 -0400

I never was a Milanov fan, and after listening to a "bleeding chunk" of her
Ballo on Sirius today, I remembered why.

I was in the car and tuned in during "Morró, ma prima in grazia".

She received no more than polite applause at the conclusion of the aria.

Shockingly bad singing from a singer who had a major career and so many fans.

The conducting (Mitropoulos) was equally bad.

Poor Metternich. How he ever got through "Eri tu" at that ridiculously slow
tempo was a miracle.

Peters' Oscar, as you would expect, was excellent.
Didn't hear enough of Tucker to form an opinion.