Subject: Review: Maria Callas: LIVE at Last!
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:00:41 -0700

https://www.stereophile.com/content/maria-callas-live-last

The most eagerly anticipated opera release of 2017, Warner's set of 20
remastered complete live opera performances <https://www.maria-callas.com/> and
five filmed recitals by soprano Maria Callas (1923–1977), hit the real and
virtual stands on September 15. Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the
soprano's death, which occurred on September 16, the physical edition of *Maria
Callas LIVE: Remastered Live Recordings 1949–1964*includes a 200-page,
multi-language booklet that frames introductions to each opera with
numerous photographs of Callas both rare and frequently reproduced. Each of
the 20 opera sets within the box also boasts a handsomely reproduced front
photo, usually from the performance.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/maria-callas-live-last

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA