Subject: Re: Nelson Eddy
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 12:40:17 -0500

Rich:
     You're absolutely right about this. Films like "The Wizard of Oz", "Song of the South", "Fantasia", "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" etc, were enjoyed by audiences of ALL ages, as was "Cinderella", "Snow White", the Our Gang Comedies, and so many more.  I don't consider "Charlotte's Web" a film a children's film either because it contains a lot of messages that relate to adults.  All these films were enhanced by beautiful musical scores, and a richness of color that made their appeal universal.
     My dad had "The Whale Who Wanted to Sing at the Met" in his record collection of 78s years before I was born (and I was the older of two siblings).  The idea that all of these above items were created solely for children is simply not true.  I was very surprised to read that they were perceived that way.
Totally wrong.