Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: Wendell Eatherly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 13:37:52 -0400

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:43:15 -0500, kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Wouldn't it also be wonderful to have her 1959 Thais from Chicago! I believe that was the
only time she sang it. (Kinda like Callas' Butterfly. Although she recorded it, she never sang
the role onstage.)

Callas did do Butterfly onstage, but only three performances at LOC: Nov. 11, 14, & 17, 1955,
with di Stefano and Robert Weede, Rescigno conducting.

Agree about the "Thais", in any case.