Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 12:57:01 -0400

Warren's first Rigoletto (prior to the 1945 bdcst w/Bjoerling; the one
wherein he substituted for Tibbett), in "listenable" sound. I believe
date was 1943 & cast included Pons & Kullman.  That would complete my
collection of all Met Rigoletto bdcsts. with the great & wonderful
Leonard Warren.

Also, I seem to recall someone saying that one of the first Met bdcsts
had Galiano Masini in the cast; I've never spotted it on anyone's list -
now, there was a true spinto sound!i

Paolo