Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 16:14:33 +0000

I saw both Vickers and McCracken in "Pique Dame" in 65 and I much
preferred McCracken, though Vickers was fine.

Though we have lots of Simionato Santuzzas, we have no broadcast
from the Met, and I'd love to have the pairing of her and Bjorling in
good sound.

The one I'd most like to have is the Met premiere of "Les Troyens" with
Verrett as both Cassandra and Didon, partnered by Vickers. It was the
only time that Verrett did double duty there and it was as memorable as
anything I've ever seen. Much as I admire Christa Ludwig, "Shirl" was
better vocally as Didon, and visually, it was simply no contest.

There are others; I'll think about it for a while.

Bob