Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We NEVER Had
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:46:03 +0000

I've said all this before, but here goes one mo' time -

That Tristan broadcast was very instructive in letting
me know that Met audiences are not so dumb, after
all.  The final curtain calls found an audience that gave
polite applause to a very ordinary Jane Eagle, a. slightly
warmer reception for a slightly better Ben Heppner, and
an enormous roar for Rene Pape's King Marke, which was
not only the defining performance of the afternoon, but
one of the great vocal displays in my experience. It was
somethin!

That crowd knew, and it literally rose to the occasion!

Bob