Subject: Re: Nelson Eddy
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Sep 2017 22:59:51 -0400

I never saw the "Whale" because, even as a child, I disliked stuff that was
created solely for the amusement of children, while having adored, almost
from birth, anything that featured Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald.

Eddy was never more impressive and charming than in, without Jeanette,
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

The other of the two greatest opera-related films in existence, for my
money,
is Melchior's TWO SISTERS FROM BOSTON.

dtmk