Subject: They left us too early.
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Sep 2017 11:04:57 -0400

Never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The early passing of Tatiana Troyanos and Arlene Auger, birthdays remembered
this week, remind me of all those artists we lost relatively young, or very
young. We must always treasure what they meant in the music world. Here is a
list from my memory, and I am sure you can add more:

Tenors:  Fritz Wunderlich,Jan Botha, Gosta Winbergh,Miguel Fleta, Richrd
Versalle(on Met stage), Allan Crofoot,(suicide) Jerry Hadley (suicide), Jon
Garris (murdered), Brian Sullivan (suicide),Peter Hoffman, Enrico
Caruso,Yohihisha Jamaji (check Iris on Youtube),Jussi Bjoerling,David Poleri.

Baritones:  Leonard Warren(I witnessed his death on stage). Bruce
Yarnell(husband of dear Joan Patenaude), Herman Uhde, Ron Bottcher

Sopranos:  Maria Callas, Maria Cebotari, Conchita Supervia, Claudia Muzio,
Meta Seinemeyer,Mado Robin, Arlene Auger, Lucia Popp,Ruth and Patricia Welting

Bassos:  Giulio Neri

Mezzos: Tatiana Troyanos, Gwynne Cornell(our dear friend), Irene
Kramarich,Kathlen Ferrier

   I know there are more, and please add them to the list. It is unbearably
sad that they  left us so soon, but we do have memories of what they
contributed.