Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Sep 2017 09:41:12 -0400

Apologies for the pedantry, but Rose Pauly sang two non-Elektras at the Met:
Venus in Tannhauser and Ortrud in Lohengrin. The Tannhauser was a broadcast.

What seems strangest to me about the pairing of Elektra with Menotti is that
for a couple of performances Elektra was performed first. I really don't
know how you can dare to perform another opera after Elektra.