Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Sep 2017 09:28:33 -0400

What  I would love above all is an HD broadcast of Die Frau ohne Schatten--I can't imagine why it has never been preserved, especially given that both Met productions have been among their most spectacular. I don't know whether it's programming stupidity, an issue of rights or some sort of anti-Strauss conspiracy.

If I had that, I wouldn't even be that picky about the cast--all the performances of that opera are special in some way.