Subject: Re: Met Broadcasts We Wish We Had
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Sep 2017 18:25:28 -0400

The LOC Callas Butterfly had Eunice Alberts as Suzuki.  She sang certainly hundreds

of performances in Boston in opera and concert.  One of the ones that I will always

remember is her "Erbame dich"  from the St. Mathew Passion with the Handel and

Haydn Society.  A very moving rendition.  When asked by a friend of mine if she had

been  able to spend any time  with Callas alone during rehearsals, she answered in

the negative.  Her husband always hurried her away as soon as the rehearsals ended.

Angelo from  Boston